Then, go and REPLY to as many peer's posts as you can before the end of the block.
Your post should be intelligently stated, not just "yo, dude, I agree."
This is an opportunity to participate in an online discussion about a short story. Be intuitive, mature, and thought-provoking in your writing.
1. What is ironic about the title of the selection?
2. How does the author create suspense?
3. What is the mood of the piece to begin? How does it change, if it does? If it doesn't change, why?
4. In what way is the title, “The Lottery”, misleading? Why would the author want to fool the reader by having a tricky title?
5. What do you think the purpose of the lottery is in the village? Why do you think people continue to participate in it? Is it a good thing or bad thing?