Please note the following:
1. I will only allow 2 people to sign up per session. Therefore, make sure you look at the comments posts prior to signing up for YOUR session.
2. You MUST bring a working copy of a college essay with you. For help with this, see links below. The links will assist you with writing a rough copy. Do NOT send me a copy. You need to bring a HARD copy (already printed) in order to attend a session. (If you can bring 2 that would be handy, as well.) I will not print out essays the day of your session. That is your job to be prepared.
3. These are the only sessions I will be holding during school hours. If you (A) cannot make one of these or (B) need a second session, you will have to schedule an after-school session with me.
4. Be prepared to read your essay aloud. This is a great way to provide meaningful opportunity for revision.
5. You will need to look at applications for the colleges in which you will be applying to get the prompt for the essay.
The Common Application
DATES: all dates are during Block 4 - 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 23 - CLOSED
Tuesday, Sept. 24
Wednesday, Sept. 25
Thursday, Sept. 26
College Essay Organizer
10 Tips for Writing the Essay
Dos and Don'ts for Writing the Essay