Follow the instructions below in order to prepare for your Death/Loss Unit Test in class on Wednesday, March 5.
- Choose 2 stories from the unit in which to perform a close reading. You may need to print a story that was only available via web. You can use the library Chromebooks to do this if needed.
- Perform a close reading on each story with a focus on: literary devices and theme.
- Take notes, annotate print outs, use sticky notes, etc. to gather information you will need for your test.
- Bring the notes to class. You can bring your own textbook if you want, or you may use one in the classroom. If you printed a story, please bring that as well.
- You are going to use the notes to construct an essay during the in-class unit test.
The unit test will also include questions about each of the readings throughout the unit. Please be sure to review any information needed in order to prepare for the unit test. There will be no reading comprehension questions. All unit test contest will be more analysis-based questions.